Preparing for membership
If you are in agreement with the three Objectives of the Theosophical Society and you wish to become a Member, of course you can do so.
However, we advise candidates for Membership to first try to get an idea of what membership of the Belgian Theosophical Society and the Theosophical Society in general could include. Here are a few tips that could help you prepare to decide:
- You could assist to a public lecture in a centre near you. This way you can meet with theosophists personally. By assisting public activities or taking part in study classes you can get an idea without any obligation whatsoever.
- Some centres even have an introductory course in Theosophy.
- You might read an introductory book on Theosophy. All theosophical books are available through our centres in Brussels, Antwerp and Gent.
- Even more theosophical literature is also available through the bookshops of our sister organisations in England, France and the Netherlands. Each one of them has a large offer of theosophical titles available in modern editions.
When you have decided, after due consideration, to become a Member and you are in agreement with the three Objectives, being:
- To form a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste, or color;
- To encourage the comparative study of religion, philosophy, and science;
- To investigate unexplained laws of nature and the powers latent in humanity;
Then please get in touch with a local centre where they will start the procedure for you.
Alternatively, you can download the registration form, complete and sign it, and send it back to us by mail to the registered seat (an originally signed document is needed).
Once we received this completed form, you might be invited for a personal meeting.
So you will become a Member of the Belgian Theosophical Society and with that also of the Theosophical Society having its headquarters in Adyar, Chennai, India.
For more information, you can also contact the secretariat.